How To Brew Loose Leaf Tea in French Press
French presses are good for way more than just coffee. Take the plunge (literally) and enjoy a steeping hot cup of high quality, loose leaf tea from a french press.
Brew Tea in a French Press - Step by Step
Always start with a clean french press.W ipe every inch of it with a clean paper towel afterwards to get those most stubborn coffee oils. If you can smell coffee in the press, keep cleaning.
- Start warming your water on the stove. Watch the water temp and pull it off the heat once it gets to 180 degrees.
- Measure out your favorite tea. The general rule of thumb for loose leaf tea amounts is 1 teaspoon of water for each cup of water plus "one for the teapot." This will vary depending on the type and freshness of your leaves, as well as your own personal preference. Go ahead and experiment!
- Pour the leaves in the french press, then pour in 8 ounces of hot water. Start a timer for 2 minutes.
- When time’s up, pour out the liquid tea through a strainer and enjoy.
- For subsequent steeps, add 30 seconds each time.